Monday, December 21, 2009

Fiber - It Even Works for Dogs

Last evening my wife, step-daughter, and I attended a holiday party at a good friend’s home. As we arrived we were greeted by Molika, his Rhodesian Ridgeback hound. I hadn’t seen Molika in some time, but she was noticeably more fit, agile, and sleek appearing than I remembered from before. In talking to her master, I discovered that Molika had lost about 20 pounds. How did she do it? By eating green beans! That’s right – green beans. At every meal, Molika gets her usual dog food, but in smaller amounts, because the rest of her portion is comprised of green beans. She likes how they taste, and they fill her up, not out. I kept this in mind as I went through the serving line at the party. I filled up on fiber foods by eating a green salad, tabouli, carrots, and a dish made from cauliflower and broccoli. Because of this, I didn’t feel deprived when I split a piece of baklava with my wife for dessert. What worked for Molika worked for me. And it will for you too.

Remember Molika, the green-bean-eating Rhodesian Ridgeback, every time you eat. Fill yourself up on fiber foods like beans, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. When you do this, you will naturally eat less of the foods that caused you to gain weight. You won’t feel deprived, and before long, you will be fit, agile, and sleek – just like Molika!

The author submits this blog posting as a health educator and not in any other capacity. You should seek the advice of your physician regarding a personal health condition or before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.

No comments:

Post a Comment